Sports Frequently asked questions
Year 2022-2023 Welcome Future Lancers! We are excited to welcome you into our Lancer Family! Please read the frequently asked questions (FAQ) and follow the next steps outline if you interested in competing for our Athletic programs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- When do practices start for incoming Freshman?
All incoming Freshman may begin participation on the first day of summer school of their incoming Freshman year. The athletic clearance website with an uploaded physical and confirmation page must be submitted and approved before student may practice or play. Please visit www.homecampus.com
- How do I get cleared to participate in a Sport? What is the athletic clearance website?
As of May 1, 2022 you will have access to create an account on the athletic clearance website. Create an account: www.homecampus.com Please remember your username and password, we use this website every year. Use an appropriate personal email address. Each school year we require a new physical uploaded to the athletic clearance website dated after May 1, 2022. Everything is submitted online, please do not submit any paperwork to offices or coaches.
- If I play a sport, do I earn PE credit? How do I get an Athletic period?
During 8th grade registration, all incoming Freshman should select PE as an Elective. Once try-outs and team rosters are submitted by Coaches to Counselors, Counselors will make the schedule change to an Athletic period. A student may not be placed in the Athletic period if not on the team roster. Any question please see your counselor.
- How do I contact a Coach for a sport I am interested in?
Go to the Coaches contact tab on the right.
- Are my grades important to play a sport?
Absolutely, YES! All STUDENT ATHLETES must maintain a 2.0 GPA, pass 4 classes, have no more than one "F" or one "U" in citizenship to be eligible to participate on any of our sport teams. Each Quarter grading report reflects a students eligibility. The Athletic Director will notify students and coaches of their eligibility status. We are developing STUDENT ATHLETES and support academic and athletic expectations.
1. Make a Physical appointment with your doctor in May/June and have it ready to upload to the athletic clearance website.
2. Contact Coach of the sport interested in and find out Summer/Fall practice dates and time.
3. After May 1, 2022, complete the athletic clearance website and upload physical and confirmation page to site. Once Cleared, you are eligible to practice with the team. You will receive an email when cleared.
If you have any questions please reach out to the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director and/or the B&A Secretary.